|Mortgage & Refinancing Information|
5 Steps to Getting on Top of your Mortgage
Getting on top of your mortgage so you can pay your loan off faster and potentially save thousands of dollars on your home loan is possible with a plan and consistent effort. There are mortgage reduction strategies that you can put into place that will ensure that your loan is paid off more quickly without putting a huge strain on your current budget. The following tips are designed to help you pay off your mortgage as quickly as possible.
1. One of the most important things you can do to accelerate paying off your mortgage is to make a more frequent repayments. If you can arrange to make weekly payments as opposed to monthly payments you'll actually end up making the equivalent of 13 monthly payments each year instead of 12 therefore saving you money by reducing the term your loan. In order for this to be effective it is important that you make sure that your home loan has interest that is calculated daily. You do not want a home loan that calculates interest on an average monthly balance.
2. The second thing you should do to speed up paying off your home loan is to make extra payments whenever possible with any extra money but you might come by. For example you might use your tax return, a bonus from work, or an inheritance to make an extra lump sum payment on a loan. This will go a long way toward reducing the principal of your loan. If your loan has a redraw facility you will have the flexibility of being able to access these extra payments if necessary.
3. Another thing you can do in order to reduce the principal of your loan is to have your regular income paid directly into your loan balance. You could then use a credit card to pay your daily expenses. At the end of each month you can then withdraw the money using the redraw facility and pay off the credit card. By keeping this money on your loan for as much time as possible you will be reducing both the term of the loan and interest that you're paying.
4. You can have an immediate impact on the principal of your mortgage on the day that you settle by simply making your first payment that same day.
5. Continue paying at least the original installment amount even if interest rates drop causing your repayment installments to drop also.
If you follow these strategies regularly over the term of your loan you will significantly reduce the mortgage as well as the interest you pay.
Copyright 2005 by Robert Scott, LoanSense.com.au
Check out Robert's LoanSense website that is dedicated to helping borrowers get the best possible deal on a Home Loan in Australia.
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Homeowner Loans - Drawing Lessons of the Past
Loans are not of a recent origin. People used to take help from others even at times when money was unseen and barter was the mode of trade prevalent.
Bad Credit Mortgage Lender - What to Look For
If you have less than perfect credit and are looking to get approved for a mortgage loan, be careful not to make some common, costly mistakes. When dealing with sub-prime mortgage lenders or bad credit mortgage lenders, many people are taken advantage of because of their eagerness to get approved.
Thought You Can Go All Alone In Mortgages! Mortgage Advice Beneficial In All Important Decisions
Mortgages are easy as long as you understand them well. But how many borrowers can be confident of their knowledge of mortgages.
Mortgage after Bankruptcy - Bankruptcy Discharged Yesterday? Purchase a Home Today!
So you have been through a bankruptcy and surely have beentold to wait at least two years before applying for a homeloan. Waiting two long years without any guarantee of beingapproved for a mortgage after bankruptcy can bedisheartening.
Home Equity Loans - There's Gold In That There House
To paraphrase an old familiar quote that goes "there's gold in them there hills, you could say, there's gold in that house. As Martha Stewart would say, "it's a good thing".
Home Equity Loans - How To Use Your Homes Equity to Consolidate Debt
If you've got a wallet full of credit cards, and monthly payments on them that total more than 25% of your monthly income, chances are that you've considered debt consolidation loans or some other means of taming your credit card debt. But did you know that a home equity loan is another way to get the money that you need to pay off your creditors, reduce your monthly payments, and get out from under the weight of all those monthly payments?A home equity loan is essentially a second mortgage taken out with your house as the collateral.
Commercially Viable Commercial Mortgages
Commercial mortgages are similar to residential mortgages. Usually taken by businesses, commercial mortgages are secured against business property.
Mortgage: Effective Household Investment for Financial Autonomy
If finances had a copyright, we would have bought it by now. But it is hardly sold anywhere near the place we live.
A Guide to Getting a Bad Credit Remortgage
There are several reasons why you might be in the market for a bad credit remortgage. You might be wanting to try to lock in a lower interest rate, or perhaps you simply need to use the bad credit remortgage as a way to consolidate some of your debts.
Doing a California Refinance Online
Californians are passionate people. I know.
Home or Investment Property Equity: Be Sure the Bank Gives You All that You Deserve
Home equity is your own personal money machine. If you want financial freedom, a home equity loan is probably the best way to achieve it.
Home Owner Loans Explained
How To Release Equity Locked Up In Your Home For Immediate Use.Free up the monetary worth tied up in your property by asking your financial advisor for information on a secured home owner loan.
Buying A Home? Reasons to Consider Financing Your New Home Loan Online
Financing your new home loan online can save you time and money. With information at your fingertips, you can quickly educate yourself about the loan process and compare mortgage lenders to find the best rates.
How to Find the Lowest Rate Possible!
The quest is on! You're in the market for a new home loan, a refinance, or a consolidation and you absolutely insist on finding the lowest rate possible! So what better place to do your research, then here on the internet, late at night, with your coffee in hand, and your family fast to sleep!We'd like to help you on your quest, so here are 3 free tips that we think will speed up your journey, and move you to success:1. Benchmarks 2.
Be Prepared With Your Home Equity Loan Checklist
A home equity loan can be an excellent way to obtain money in order to pay off high interest bills or consolidate your current debt into one monthly payment. A home equity line of credit is a form of revolving credit in which your home serves as collateral.
Life of an Escrow
Escrow is one of the last stages in the purchase or sale of a real property. When someone says that they are in escrow, it means that they have either accepted an offer on the sale of their property, or their offer to purchase has been accepted.
Essence of Self Certified Mortgages
Your search for a mortgage isn't leading results.Check for any impediments.
Reverse Mortgages - A Tax Free Income For Senior Citizens
I fully realize if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is and There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch (TANSTAAFL) immediately jumped into your head when you read the title of this article. However, if you are 62 or over, you may have just found the goose that laid the golden egg.
Bad Credit Home Loans - Pre-Approval is Still Possible With Adverse Credit History
If you are among the millions with less than perfect credit, there are many sources available to you in obtaining a mortgage. Lenders that specialize in mortgages for those with bad credit are competing for your business.
Home Equity Loan Risks
Home equity loans give individuals a tool to extend their existing credit line by securing debt on the equity value of their existing homes. This access to easy and cheap money can lure the borrower into securing a debt for reasons which otherwise could have been funded through wise money management.
|home | site map|
|© 2006 TIGER MEDIA|